Saturday, 30 July 2016
This romantic song by Shawn Mendes, Treat you Better, tries to get our attention saying he can love her better than her current boyfriend.
Let's watch the video:
Now click HERE and let's work with it!!
And now... continue working with the song and Lyrics Training! Click HERE
Can't Stop the Feeling was released on May 2016. Justin Timberlake, the singer, put on his dancing shoes to pen this good tune with Max Martin.
The song is the soundtrack of the animated movie Trolls. Timberlake also provides the voice of a grumpy-looking grey-blue troll called Branch in the Dreamworks film.
We'll get fun and work with his song to revise some vocabulary. First, watch the catchy video:
And now click HERE to start working with the song!!
Let's do it with Lyrics Training! Click HERE and get fun!!!
Let's watch at the official Dreamwork's Trolls Trailer! The two main characters in the movie are just like Shrek and Donkey. Branch is like Shrek: he is grumpy, short tempered, and likes being alone. Poppy is like Donkey: she is possitive, talkative, and annoying! Both Poppy and Branch are polar opposites who go on a journey together and probably will become good friends in the end. So this movie is like Shrek but with trolls and no princesses or fairytale characters!
What do you think?
Monday, 18 July 2016
What are famous people doing right now? Choose ten famous people doing unexpecting things and report them in your project. Guided directions:
- Cut out 10 pictures of famous people doing some unusual activity.
- Stick them into a sheet of paper.
- Write what they are doing. Don't write more than 140 characters for each picture.
- Design a cover for the project "This is happening on Twitter". Write your full name and class.
- Put it in a plastic file to hand in to your teacher.
See this example:
Brad Pitt is eating pizza at the Oscars Nominations.
We use the Present Continuous Tense to talk about things that are happening now, at this moment.
The boy is riding his bike now.
It is very easy to form: we need the present simple of the verb "to be" (is /are /am) + the action with -ing.
|Positive||Positive Short Form|
|I am sleeping||I'm sleeping|
|you are sleeping||you're sleeping|
|he is sleeping||he's sleeping|
|she is sleeping||she's sleeping|
|it is sleeping||it's sleeping|
|we are sleeping||we're sleeping|
|they are sleeping||they're sleeping|
|Negative||Negative Short Form|
|I am not sleeping||I'm not sleeping|
|you are not playing||you aren't playing|
|he is not reading||he isn't reading|
|she is not working||she isn't working|
|it is not raining||it isn't raining|
|we are not cooking||we aren't cooking|
|they are not listening||they aren't listening|
|Yes / No Questions:|
|am I eating chocolate ?|
|are you studying now ?|
|is he working ?|
|is she doing her homework ?|
|is it raining ?|
|are we meeting at six ?|
|are they coming ?|
|Why am I eating chocolate ?|
|What are you studying now ?|
|When is he working ?|
|What is she doing ?|
|Why is it raining ?|
|Who are we meeting ?|
|How are they travelling ?|
Spelling of the -ing form: Pay attention!
* Most verbs only add -ing:
- eat - eating
- speak - speaking
- cook - cooking
- start - starting
- do - doing
- stay - staying
- fix - fixing
- try - trying
* Verbs ending in -e: drop the -e and add -ing
- hope - hoping
- ride - riding
- make - making
- write - writing
- celebrate - celebrating
- dictate - dictating
* Verbs ending in -ee: just add -ing
- agree - agreeing
- flee - fleeing
- see - seeing
- free - freeing
- spree - spreeing
* Verbs ending in -ie: change -ie to -y and add -ing
- die - dying
- tie - tying
- lie -lying
- vie - vying
* Verbs ending in one vowel and one consonant: one syllable verbs double the consonant and add -ing
- jog - jogging
- sit - sitting
- run - running
- stop - stopping
- shop - shopping
- rob - robbing
Click on each exercise and practise Present Continuous Tense!
Saturday, 25 June 2016
Get Lucky is a song by duo Daft Punk featuring Pharrell Williams. It is lead single from Daft Punk's four album Random Access Memories (2013). Before the song release Saturday Night Live broadcasted Get Lucky. Small excerpts also appeared throughout the promotional video series The Collaborators.
Let's watch the video!
Friday, 17 June 2016
Breathing is a beautiful song by the artist Jason Derulo. When the song was released in 2011 he said: "This song means a lot to me as it's serious and heartfelt, but the melody is the exact opposite. It's about my cousin, who recently passed away."
In my opinion, it's awesome! So, let's watch it!!
And now click HERE to start our work!
If you want to continue practising English with this song, click HERE and enjoy with .
Saturday, 4 June 2016
Maybe you can't remember new vocabulary easily. It's much easier to remember words when they're in a song, isn't it?
Songs are easier to remember than words alone! So, let's work with songs!
Do you like the oldies? I picked up a catchy song to work with it! Watch and work with this. You might suddenly discover that English is easy to learn! I hope you'll like it!
Now click HERE to work with it!
If you want to continue practising, click HERE to start with Lyrcs Training!
Friday, 25 March 2016
- What are our strenght in terms of global competencies?
- How well do you understand our own comunity?
- Do you know another comunity really well? Which one?
- How would you describe your understanding of world history?
- What languages can you communicate in?
- When you listen to a person communicating in a language you don't understand, what's your reaction?
Eric Whitacre is one of the most popular musicians of his generation. His ground-breaking Virtual Choirs have united singers and professional musicians alike from over one hundred different countries.
The Virtual Choir is a global phenomenon that brings together singers around the world and their love of music in a new way through the use of technology.
Let's enjoy this awesome way of using technology:
Can we do anything to strenght our global competencies?
Thursday, 11 February 2016
Rude is the debut single by Canadian reggae fusion band Magic. It was released on October, 2013. Despite many music critics, it became an international commercial success.
The song is actually based in a real life situation that the singer, Nasri, had to face. He was born in Toronto, Canada but he came from a Palestinian family.
The story is about a young man who asks his girlfriend's father for her hand in marriage and he is rejected.
- When a young man in our country wants to get married, does he need to ask permission to his future father in law? Explain.
- What are your first thoughts after listening the song and watching the video? Provide two reflections at least.
- After his girlfriend's father rejection, is the young man right? Should he marry her anyway, even if her father doesn't give them his blessing? Explain.
- Is the girl's dad wrong not to give them his blessing?
- The ritual of asking a dad's permission for his daughter's hand in marriage began because women used to get married very young in past and they actually needed their dad's permission. Why do some people from different cultures still do it even though permission isn't legally needed if they are adults?
- What is the difference between asking for "permission" and asking for a "blessing"? Do you think it's wise to ask for a blessing nowadays, even though permission isn't required anymore? Explain.
- In Magic's song Rude, the young man still asked for permission to marry to her future father in law. Why do you think he did it?
Let's continue working with the lyrics in Lyrics Training! Click HERE