One of the great paradoxes of our time is that we have never been more connected but we have never been more disconnected.
Our interconnected world makes many promises about a better life, but this boy suspects that things are getting worse...
This animated black-and-white video was created by Steven Cutts in the style of 1920's. In it, a wide-eyed child roams through a world full of automatons who do nothing but stare at their smartphones. It makes us wonder about navigating life in our tech-obsessed, postmodern world.
Watch at the video and get your own ideas.
- In your opinion, why is the video called Are you lost in the world like me? Explain.
- At the beginning of the video you can see a billboard which reads: These systems are failing. What is failing? Explain.
- People snap selfies all around. What happens when a baby is born?
- What do the people do when a woman attemps suicide?
- A man is beaten by the police without any apparent reason, what is the people reaction?
- A family eats together. What are they doing while eating?
- There's a beautiful woman taking herself a selfie, what can you see at her background?
- Do you think there is an impersonal connection between people? Why?
- Does social media and dating apps contribute to this? Why?
- In your opinion, is there an increasing dependence on technology today? Explain.
- Is technology changing us? Why? Why not?
- Are we becoming desensitized? Explain.
- In your opinion, is our society like a city on a hill?
- Express your final idea about the video.