is a song by the English rock band The Rolling Stones, released as a single in 1966. The song became The Rolling Stones' third nunmber one hit single in the US and sixth in the UK. Since its initial release, the song has remained influential along the time.
Lately, it has become the soundtrack of the movie The Last Witch Hunter starring Vin Diesel. This is a beat-heavy, passionate and haunting version of the classic covered by pop star Ciara.
Directed by Breck Eiser, The Last Witch Hunter performs Vin Diesel as the immortal titular witch hunter, as well as Rose Leslie, Isaach De Bankolé, Elijah Wood and Michael Caine.
Watch the video and pay attention to the lyrics:
Answer the following questions about the song. If you need the lyrics, click HERE.
- Does the song have a pessimistic or optimistic view of the world? Account on your answer.
- What colour does the singer want everything to turn to?
- What do you think the song is about?
- What season of the year is it? How do you know?
- Explain these words from different stanzas of the song. In your opinion, what do they represent? Account on your answers.
* "I look inside myself and see my heart is black."
* "I see my red door, I must have it painted black."
* "No more will my green sea go turn a deeper blue."