Swedish producer and house DJ Avicii made this chart-topping single offers a message about moving beyond the confusion and alienation of growing up, and it encorages young people to forge their own path to happiness. Though Avicii's reputation is built around his work in the electronic dance music scene, Wake me Up infuses elements of country and pop music turning this song into an undeniably catchy one.
Let's enjoy the video!
Now click HERE to work with its lyrics.
Prepare this activity to hand in as a Project Work. You can work in pairs. It must include a cover with the project title, your name/s and surname/s and class.
- Avicii is not the real name of the DJ and producer of the song and video. Find out what the name means. You can relate to this link if you don't know and need information about it: click HERE.
- The name of the song. Analyze it.
- The girls wake up in a town that appears to be drab, colourless and lifeless. Why are there two different settings? Describe them. Why are they there?
- Why do you think people watch the girls in that way?
- Do the girls feel fine living in that village?
- What does one of them travel to the city and comes back to the town?
- What's the meaning of the symbol tattoed on the young people? If you don't know find our in the web by yourself.
- Provide a short explanation about each stanza: