►All African American are good at sports.
►Italian and French are the best lovers.
►All teenagers are rebels.
►Blond girls are unintelligent.
►Spain is a country made of gypsies dancing flamenco everywhere.
►Old people are grumpy.
Any time you group races or individuals together and make a judgment about them without knowing them, this is an example of a stereotype. Racial remarks, sexual remarks, and gender remarks are the biggest stereotypes.
- One of the main groups that human can be divided into according to their physical differences, for example the colour of their skin.
- The practice of treating someone or particular group in society less fairly than others.
- The ability to make sensible decisions after carefully considering the best thing to do
- The main ways people receive information and entertainment as television, radio, newspapers, and internet.
- A belief or feeling that something is true, although there is no proof. (PLURAL)
- The bad feeling that you have when you are in danger or when a particular thing frightens you.
B. True or false? Correct the wrong ones
- We only stereotype people when we have known them.
- Advertising, entertainment and news industries never stereotype.
- There is no relation between stereotyping and bullying.
- We cannot avoid stereotyping.
- We should know more about other people´s cultures.
- Girls are only concerned about physical appearance.
- Only anorexic women can become models.
- Some teenagers are rebels.
- Girls are not good at sports.
- Chinese people always eat rice.
- If somebody wear belts, belt buckles, jewlery, sunglasses, and hats they are part of a rock band, they are depressed or they take drugs.
- Some children don't eat vegetables.
- Men drive cars better than women.